If you are taking a new loan, enjoy the peace of mind that NBK Loan insurance gives you. You won’t have to worry about a financial burden on your family to repay your loan balance.
NBK’s loan insurance plan insures your loan so that in the event of death, the outstanding amount is settled by the insurance company. You are required to pay a very minimal monthly premium depending upon your loan amount. Please note that disability of any kind is not covered under this insurance plan. Also note that loan insurance can be taken only at the time of applying for a loan. You will not be able to insure your loan later.
- In case of death, your loan outstanding will be settled
- Your contribution is only half of the insurance premium
- NBK will bear the remaining half of your insurance cost
- The premium decreases as the loan outstanding decreases
- Insurance premium stops if you settle your loan early
- Insurance premium is subject to change on a yearly basis. As per current premium rate you will be required to pay a total of KD 18.5 for a KD 10,000 loan over 5 years. Even if the premium rate increases NBK will ensure that your total payout does not exceed KD 200 over 5 years. NBK will bear the additional cost on your behalf.
For example, for a KD 10,000 loan over 5 years, your monthly insurance premium will be 600 fils at the current rate. This premium will decrease as your loan outstanding balance decreases.
Terms & Conditions
How to applyThere is no need to apply separately or take a medical examination. Just kindly indicate your preference for insurance on your loan contract.
For more details, please contact NBK Call Center at 1801801.