- What is the NBK Miles World MasterCard Credit Card?
The NBK Miles World MasterCard Credit Card is the newest addition to NBK’s suite of Credit Cards. It has the same benefits of the NBK World MasterCard Credit Card as well as the benefit of NBK Miles Points.
- What customers are eligible to apply for the card?
All customers age 21 years and above with a minimum monthly income of KD 600 are eligible for the NBK Miles World MasterCard Credit Card. The card is designed for customers who are frequent travelers and prefer having a travel/miles loyalty program as well as NBK Rewards loyalty program.
- Where can I apply for the NBK Miles World MasterCard Credit Card?
You can apply for the card at NBK branches and through the NBK Online Banking.
- When can I start earning NBK Miles Points? And how does the NBK Miles program work?
When using the NBK Miles World MasterCard for the first time, or when using an NBK Credit Card for the first time which has the NBK Miles program, each cardholder will get 10,000 NBK Miles bonus points regardless of the amount spent using the card. After the first usage of the card, every KD 1 spent in Kuwait gives 3 Miles Points, and every KD 1 spent abroad gives 5 Miles Points.
- What is the annual fee for the NBK Miles World MasterCard Credit Card?
The Annual fee for the Primary card is KD 100, and for the Supplementary card KD 100, and they are charged from the first year of issuing the card and every year thereafter.
- How does the new NBK Miles World MasterCard compare to the NBK World MasterCard?
The NBK Miles World MasterCard offers the NBK Miles Program with the NBK Rewards Program, and the annual fee for the Primary and Supplementary cards are each KD 100. The NBK World MasterCard offers the NBK Rewards Program, but does not offer the NBK Miles Program. All other benefits of the NBK Miles World MasterCard are the same as the benefits of the NBK World MasterCard Credit Card.
- When using the Supplementary NBK Miles World MasterCard, do the NBK Miles Points accumulate on the Supplementary card, or on the Primary NBK Miles World MasterCard?
All usage and spends on the Supplementary NBK Miles World MasterCard get accumulated on to the Primary card, and only the Primary cardholder can redeem the NBK Miles Points to purchase airline tickets, hotel accommodations and car rentals for him/herself or for anyone.
- Can I redeem my NBK Miles Points at travel agencies or directly through the airlines, or on other travel websites?
No, NBK Miles points cannot be redeemed directly through the airlines or at other travel websites or travel agencies. Your NBK Miles Points can only be redeemed at the dedicated site miles.nbk.com, or through the NBK Call Center by calling -1801801 from Sunday to Thursday, during Kuwait time business hours from 9:00am to 6:00pm (Closed on Friday and Saturday).
- Do my NBK Miles Points expire, and are there any black-out dates for when I cannot redeem my NBK Miles Points on the site miles.nbk.com?
The NBK Mile Points earned until 31 December 2016 will expire on 31 December 2019, NBK Mile Points earned from 1 January 2017 onwards, will expire in 3 years from the date it was credited.
There are no black-out dates for redeeming your NBK Miles Points to purchase airline tickets, hotel accommodations and car rentals on the site miles.nbk.com or the dedicated call center at 1801801
- What other NBK cards have the Miles program? And is there a fee for the program?
The Visa Signature credit card has the NBK Rewards and the NBK Miles program, but the cardholder will have to manually request for enrollment into the NBK Miles program, and will be charged the enrollment fee of KD 100 only in the first year of issuing the card.
- To earn NBK Miles Points where can I use my NBK Miles card or my other NBK Credit Cards that have the Miles program?
You get NBK Miles Points when using your card(s) in Kuwait and/or abroad for point of sale/in-store purchases, for online purchases and payments (including bill payments), and for cash advances on your card.
- Can I transfer my NBK Miles Points to someone else?
No, only the Primary cardholder can redeem the NBK Miles Points earned on the Primary card and the Supplementary card(s) to book airline tickets, hotels and rental cars for him/herself, and for the Supplementary Cardholder or for anyone else.
- How many NBK Miles Points do I need to make a booking?
A minimum of 10,000 NBK Miles Points are required in order to make any type of travel booking. The number of points required for booking airline tickets to various destinations, or hotels or for car rentals varies depending on the airline, hotel, car rental company, the booking dates, destination, class of travel, type and location of hotel, as well as the type and location of the car rented.
- If I lost my NBK Credit Card or if it is stolen or expired and it still has NBK Miles Points, will the points be transfer to my new or renewed Credit Card?
Yes, if your credit card that has NBK Miles Points is lost, stolen or expired, the points will be transferred to your new or renewed Credit Card.
- Can I transfer my frequent flyer air miles/points from an airline rewards program to my NBK Miles Points?
No, the frequent flyer air miles/points from any airline rewards program cannot be transferred to your NBK Miles Points. You can only redeem your NBK Miles Points on the site miles.nbk.com or at the NBK Call Center at 1801801 to book airline tickets, hotels and car rentals, and you will also accumulate air miles with the airlines’ frequent flyer programs.
- Who can give me information about the NBK Miles World MasterCard and the NBK Miles program? Can the NBK branch staff tell how many NBK Miles points I have earned?
For general inquiries about the NBK Miles Card and the NBK Miles Program please contact the NBK Call Center at 1801801 when calling from within Kuwait, and at +965 2224 8361 when calling from abroad.For inquiries about your accumulated NBK Miles Points log in to the site miles.nbk.com, or contact the NBK Call Center at 1801801, or log in to your NBK account through NBK’s Online Banking.
- Which airlines and hotels are included? Are the hotels limited to a specific region?
The NBK Miles program lets you redeem your NBK Miles points at over 800 airlines, which include most major international airlines and budget airlines. The program also includes more than 150,000 hotels worldwide, as well as most of the well-known international brand names of car rental companies such as Budget, Avis, Ace, Hertz and others.
- Can I purchase NBK Miles Points? And can I use my NBK Miles Points to upgrade my airline tickets?
NBK Miles Points are earned by using your credit card for point of sale/in-store purchases, and for online purchases and payments (including bill payments), and for cash advances on your card.
NBK Miles Points cannot be purchased. When redeeming your NBK Miles Points you can choose to use all of your accumulated points to purchase airline tickets, book hotels and car rentals, or you can choose to use some of your points and pay the remaining cost of the booking with your Credit Card. You can also use your NBK Miles points to upgrade your airline ticket only through the NBK Call Center at 1801801.
- How can I log in to the site for the NBK Miles program?
Please visit the official designated site for the NBK Miles program at miles.nbk.com, where you will be asked to register on the site by creating a username and a password. Once registered, you will be able to log in at any time and from anywhere to view your NBK Miles Points and to redeem your points to make and travel bookings.
- What's the difference between the NBK Miles program and other programs?
The advantages of the NBK Miles Program:
- Book with more than 800 airlines, fly from any destination and select any route to any destination
- Fly any time of the year, no black-out dates for travel bookings, and unlimited airline seats
- Miles Points expire after 3 years of acquiring the points
- Book your accommodation at more than 150,000 hotels worldwide
- Rent a car from the best international car rental companies i.e. Hertz, Budget, Avis, Ace
- Easy online registration for the NBK Miles Program at miles.nbk.com from anywhere and anytime
- Easy online redemption of NBK Miles Points from anywhere and anytime at miles.nbk.com to purchase airline tickets, hotel bookings and car rentals
- Earn miles with the airline miles/loyalty program of more than 800 airlines
- How is the FX rate calculated when using NBK Cards abroad?
The transaction amount in foreign currency will be converted to KD using the current exchange rate with a 2.75% markup to the rate.