- What is NBK Secure Shopping?
At NBK, we want to make certain that your internet purchases are as secure as possible, so we have collaborated with MasterCard Secure Code and Verified by Visa to bring you NBK Secure Shopping. NBK Secure Shopping is a free and automatic online security service that has been created to help guard your NBK Credit Card against unauthorized usage online. It works by using a Passcode that you create as your unique online identifier. You then use your NBK Secure Shopping Passcode to validate online transactions with participating online retailers. This helps to protect you from unauthorized use when making online transactions.
- Why is the new online security feature called NBK Secure Shopping?
NBK Secure Shopping adds another authentication step for online payments. It was developed by Visa to improve the security of Internet payments and offered to customers as the Verified by Visa service. MasterCard also offers this to customers under the name MasterCard Secure Code. This authentication is based on a three domain model hence the 3D in the name 3D Secure Shopping.
- Registration Process for NBK Secure Shopping
-Enter six validation elements questions
-You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the registered mobile
-Enter the OTP to complete the registration process
- Will I need to apply for a new credit card to use NBK Secure Shopping?
No, you will be able to use your existing NBK Credit Card
- Do I have to pay for NBK Secure Shopping service?
NBK Secure Shopping is a free and automatic service provided by NBK to all credit cardholders.
- What happens when my NBK Credit Card expires?
When your credit card expires and you receive the renewed credit card that has the same card number as your old card, the NBK Secure Shopping service is automatically updated with the new card information. You do not need to re-register in order to continue using the service.
- What happens if I cancel my NBK Credit Card and then get a new one with a different Card Number?
You will need to register your new credit card with NBK Secure Shopping, because it will have a different card number than your cancelled card.
- What is 'Registration During Shopping'?
- What cards can I register with NBK Secure Shopping?
You can register any NBK Credit Card that you have.
- Why do I have to supply personal information during the registration process?
The personal information you are supplying is used as a security measure to make sure you are the legitimate cardholder. The information you supply is verified against the data stored in the NBK Credit Card database. This information is not passed to the online retailer.
- Can I use the same NBK Secure Shopping Passcode for all of my NBK Credit Cards?
Yes. When you register your NBK Credit Card with NBK Secure Shopping you will create your personal Passcode. It will be valid for the NBK Credit Card that you have registered. The selected Passcode must consist of 6 characters that include at least one number and one letter. You may not use one that you have used in the past. We recommend that you select one that will be easy for you to remember and difficult for others to guess. You must keep it a secret, and take all reasonable precautions to prevent anyone else from knowing or using it.
- Can I choose not to register NBK Secure Shopping?
Customers can choose not to register NBK Secure Shopping initially. However, it will become mandatory for all customers, and failure to register for it will result in your online transactions being declined.
- What is a Personal Greeting?
The Personal Greeting is text that you select during the registration process. This text should be personal, however not secret. When the NBK Secure Shopping receipt appears online, always look for your personal greeting before you enter your Passcode to ensure that you're using the authentic service. Please note that you cannot select a Personal Greeting that will be identical to the NBK Secure Shopping Passcode. It must be kept secret, while the Personal Greeting is openly displayed on the receipt.
- I registered for NBK Secure Shopping. Can I register it for additional cards?
You will be prompted to register your additional cards for the NBK Secure Shopping service when you use those cards to do any online shopping and online transactions at participating online retailers. You will need to follow the same registration process for each additional card, and you must also create NBK Secure Shopping Passcodes for each additional card.
- What should I do if encounter problems during the registration process?
Please contact NBK Call Center on 1801801 from inside Kuwait or call +96522248361 from outside Kuwait. We will be happy to assist you with any problems and answer any questions you may have.
- Where can I spend online with NBK Secure Shopping?
There are now over 350,000 online retailers worldwide participating in NBK Secure Shopping.
- Can I spend with online retailers that do not participate in the NBK Secure Shopping service?
Yes. However you will not be able to use NBK Secure Shopping. To complete a purchase with these online retailers, simply follow the regular checkout process.
- I forgot my NBK Secure Shopping Passcode. What should I do?
Please contact NBK Call Center on 1801801. We will be happy to assist you with resetting your Passcode.
- My NBK Secure Shopping account has been locked – what should I do?
Please contact NBK Call Center on 1801801. We will be happy to assist you with any problems and answer any questions that you may have.
Once your NBK Secure Shopping account has been unlocked, you will be able to immediately go back online, register during shopping and create a new Passcode.
- Is the Diners Club card included in NBK Secure Shopping?
No, the Diners Club card is not part of NBK Secure Shopping. Currently, the 3D Secure feature is only supported by Visa and MasterCard.