Identity fraud is where a dishonest person will gather your personal details in order to conduct a fraud which will financially hurt you. These fraudsters can obtain your personal information in a number of ways, via telephone scams or on the internet.
The following can be used to assume your identity:
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- Your Civil ID number or other identification numbers
- Your mobile phone number
- Your banking information
To protect your identity we recommend the following:
- Immediately report any loss or theft of your important documents such as your Civil ID, passport, drivers license, credit card etc.
- Keep your financial and personal documents in a safe and secure place. NBK safe deposit boxes are available for your use.
- Do not keep your ATM Pin number in your wallet.
- Never provide personal information on the phone or emails to anyone who calls or emails you.