- How secure is NBK Online Banking?
NBK has implanted a new way to sign up to NBK Online Banking to better protect your information.
- How can I check if my NBK Online Banking session is secure?
Look for the padlock icon located in the lower right corner of your browser window. A closed or locked padlock indicates a secure connection. Look for the letter https:// at the beginning of the URL address. The "s" means secure.
- How do I sign-up to NBK Online Banking?
Select "NBK Online Banking" on nbk.com and then click on "Join" and follow the easy online instructions to enroll to "NBK Online Banking Security Key" to access your account online.
- How do I login to my account on NBK Online Banking?
If you haven’t enrolled to “NBK Online Banking Security Key”, you need to enroll first. To login to your account, you need to answer a security key question and make sure that the selected image matches the phrase, then enter your NBK Online Banking password to login successfully.
- What if I forgot my password?
Go to "Forget password" option and follow the online instructions to create a new password.
- Why do I need to activate my account?
To ensure your security and safety online, you will need to activate your account in order to conduct third party transfers, local and international transfers and bill payments online
- How do I activate my account?
- Login to NBK Online Banking.
- Go to the Balance Information page.
- Click on the link “Account Activation”, you will be requested to contact Call Center at
- Call 1801801 automated service using your ATM card number and select to talk to
- How do I get confirmation that my account has been activated successfully?
You will recieve a confirmation SMS message on your mobile confirming successful activation.
- How can I cancel the activation and go back to limited access?
You can contact Call Center at 1801801 and request to cancel the activation.
- What can I view on the "Balance Information" page?
You can check your account statement from the date you opened the account and track your credit card purchases (back 2 years) with an easy download facility to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PDF. You can also keep track of your loan and funds details on an ongoing basis.
- What is MySite?
Your personal homepage on NBK Online Banking customized to display your banking information.
- How can I create MySite?
Log onto NBK Online Banking and click on MySite. You will then be able to personalize your home page with the following services:
- Balance information
- Funds transfer
- Bill payments
- Self services
- If I have NBK accounts in more than one branch, will I be able to see them all on NBK Online Banking?
To view all you NBK accounts (which were opened in different NBK branches), you will need to request your branch to link all of your accounts.
- What types of transfers can I make online?
You can conduct international or local transfers as well as set up a Standing Order for your recurring payments.
- What is the monthly transfer limit?
You can transfer up to KD 2,000 per month. You can increase this limit up to KD 20,000 per month by filling out the "Increase transfer limit" form available on NBK Online Banking and submitting it to your branch.
- Will I be charged for an International Transfer?
If you select "I accept charges" your NBK account will be automatically debited with KD 5. If you select "Beneficiary accepts charges" between US$15 and US$25 will be deducted by the beneficiary bank from the amount you are sending.
- What is the maximum number of beneficiaries I can have?
The maximum number should not exceed 50. If you have reached the maximum number of beneficiaries and wish to add a new one, you will need to delete any beneficiary record and add the new ones.
- How do I create a new beneficiary?
Click on 'create new beneficiary' from the beneficiary list from your local or international list and complete the online form. You will then be asked to enter random digits from your ID number you have provided the Bank with. You will have 3 attempts to enter the correct digits after which:
- You will be reverted to read only status and no longer have access to transfers
- You will have to request Account Activation
- Will I be notified of my transfer and new beneficiary?
NBK will be sending you an immediate SMS notification upon creation of a new beneficiary.
- Is there any other online transfers available on NBK Online Banking?
You can transfer funds from your NBK credit cards to your primary account online. The minimum transfer amount is KD 50 and a 5% charge will be applied.
- What bills can I pay on NBK Online Banking?
Only NBK credit cards do not require Account Activation. Ministry of Communications, Mobile Telecommunications Company (Zain), Viva Telecommunication Company (Viva) Wataniya Telecom, selected schools and CFC.
- How long will it take to settle my mobile bills?
It usually takes 3 working days for your mobile bill to be settled.
- What type of services can I apply for through NBK Online Banking?
You can apply for an Internet Shopping Card and Online Brokerage
- How do I open a brokerage account?
To trade online you will need to open an Online Brokerage account. You can apply for your Online Brokerage account through NBK Online Banking.
- I am using NBK's credit cards, is it possible to see how many points I've accumulated on NBK Online Banking?
You can check your NBK Rewards points when you login to NBK Online Banking.Click on “Request” to redeem your points into vouchers. The customer will receive a call from NBK 1801801 to select which branch he would like to collect the points from
- What if I have additional questions about Online Banking?
You can send us an e-mail through NBK Online Banking or you can call us on 1801801.
- How can I open an account online?
You can set up the account instantly online by transferring from KD accounts only and you will be able to view your new account details on your "Balance Information" page.
- What accounts can I open online?
You will be able to open an account in KD (Current-Watani Super-Trust and Jawhara) or foreign currencies in US Dollar, Pound Sterling, Yen, and Euro (Current or Watani super) instantly without having to visit your branch.
- How can I subscribe to SMS Real Time Service?
You can either call “Hala Watani” telebanking service at 1801801 or visit any of NBK branches
- What’s the subscription fee for the SMS service?
There is an annual fee of KD 10 that will be applied after a year from the date of subscription
- When do I receive the SMS message?
SMS Real Time service will alert you instantly after completing of more than KD10/- or equivalent on the following transactions :
- Cash withdraw or deposits with KD10 or more
- Credit Card Cash Advance
- Point of Sale Purchases
- Purchases through your Credit Card (Point of Sale)
- Purchases through the Internet
- Salary Credit Notifications
- Does it show me only the debited amount on the SMS message?
It will show you the amounts debited or credited from your account with the remaining balance.
- Will I receive SMS message when I’m aboard?
If you have a roaming service, you will receive the SMS alerts in USD Dollar currency
- What language the SMS will be sent to me?
You can choose your preferred language: Arabic or English
- How can I cancel the service? And If I cancel do you refund the fees?
You can cancel the service by calling Hala Watani at 1801801 or visit any of NBK branches.
We can refund the fees after cancellation, only If we receive the cancellation request within a month from the actual date of fee deduction.
- What do I have to do if I change my mobile number?
If you change your mobile number, please make sure to update it by calling Hala Watani at 1801801 or visiting any of NBK branches to ensure that you keep receiving your financial messages.